The Estimator is responsible for the preparation of program, conceptual, schematic, design development and construction document cost estimates as appropriate for each project. Interact with the project teams by providing cost analysis and pricing as necessary during the design and bidding processes. Update and maintain cost history database. Review projects with the team after completion to implement improvements. The Estimator will report directly to the Vice President of Construction.
- Prepare bid advertisements and solicit bidders
- Prepare work scope packages and bid documents in collaboration with the project managers
- Oversee the upload and maintenance bid documents to Envoy software systems
- Prepare quantity take-offs, estimates and cost assemblies
- Oversee the maintenance and update of the master bidders list
- Obtain and review plans and bid documents
- Assist in buyout and award of contracts and purchase orders
- Assist with life cycle cost analysis during design and value engineering
- Maintain and update Envoy master estimating templates
1. Reading Comprehension -- Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
2. Critical Thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
3. Coordination -- Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
4. Instructing -- Teaching others how to do something.
5. Mathematics -- Using mathematics to solve problems.
6. Active Listening -- Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
7. Writing -- Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
8. Judgment and Decision Making -- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
9. Active Learning -- Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
10. Troubleshooting -- Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
11. Time Management -- Managing one's own time and the time of others.
12. Social Perceptiveness -- Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
13. Service Orientation -- Actively looking for ways to help people.
14. Persuasion -- Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
15. Learning Strategies -- Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
16. Speaking -- Talking to others to convey information effectively.
1. Minimum of 5 years experience in commercial estimating preferred.
2. Preferred experience with the following software applications: MC2 Estimating (ICE), PlanSwift, OnCenter, Bluebeam, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, BuildingConnected, Procore, and Asana. Knowledge and experience with Google Apps for Business is a plus.
3. Experience and knowledge of using estimating cost databases and Master CSI code formats.
4. Ability to prepare conceptual and schematic budgets in the $2-40M range.
5. Experience hard bidding, negotiated bidding, bid tabulation and scope leveling, packaging, soliciting and distribution of bid documents.
6. Strong work ethic, detail oriented, analytical and organized.
7. Employee must be an energetic, flexible and motivated self-starter who is ready to work with a dynamic and growing team.
COMPETITIVE SALARY AND BENEFITS PACKAGE COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE AVAILABLE TO QUALIFIED CANDIDATES. EMPLOYMENT OFFERS ARE CONTINGENT UPON A REVIEW OF REFERENCES AND ANALYSIS OF FULL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATIONS.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION SEND RESUME AS AN ATTACHMENT TO: firstname.lastname@example.org